This page may contain outdated information!
Registration and enrolment information to fall term of 2023/2024
Monday, 24 July 2023
We are pleased to welcome you to Budapest University of Technology and Economics (BME) for the fall term of the 2023/2024 academic year.
Our detailed information letter contains the most important issues related to the term registration and enrolment process at BME. If you have any questions about the content of the information letter, please contact us at the email@example.com address.
In the Academic Information 2023/2024 we gathered together the most important information on the training programmes, academic administration and university services.
Neptun is the system in which all the information concerning your studies and matters related are administered. The following link (after clicking the English flag) will take you to the (English version of) Neptun login site.
- First entry: (if you are a new student of BME):
- „Login name”: Neptun code which you received in the email „Letter of acceptance and information letter”
- „Password”: your initial password at first entry is NeYYYYMMDD of your birth date
- Important: After first entering the system, you will have to change it. Please remember your new password!
(If you forgot your password, click on the "Hweb forgotten password button" button. After typing of your login name, an e-mail will be sent to the default email address to create a new password. In case of further login problems, you can request a password change in person at the CAO during office hours or contact Neptun Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- First entry: (if you have been a student of BME before):
- The login name and the password aren’t changed, they are the same as before. (After entering Neptun, you can switch the training programme at the upper left corner with the „Training” button.)
- If you received in the email „Letter of acceptance and information letter” a new Neptun code, please inform us through the E999 request.
Before you make the enrolment of the training programme, please check your personal data in the Neptun My data/Personal information and if necessary change it.
If you would like to have your temporary address registered, please add it in Neptun and present the part of your address card certified by the National Directorate General for Aliens Policing (OIF) that you still have with you during CAO office hours.
Here you can find the „Guide to changing personal data, addresses, passport number,etc.”
Important: Some of the personal data cannot be changed by the students. You can download and print the registration form with the current personal data in Neptun and your program coordinator will change it after the registration.
It is suggested to add a bank account number in the early stage of enrollment for scholarship payments or creditation. Hungarian bank account numbers can be added by the student in Neptun at Finances/Settings. In case of an international bank account 112 (Request for International Bank Account registration) request must be submitted for its registration. Please note that crediting to an alternative account (e.g. Revolut, Wise) is not possible.
Each student is assigned to an academic administrator managing the student's requests and academic matters during their studies. You can find your academic administrator in Neptun under the menu "Studies/Training data", and his/her contact details on the CAO website.
Entering in Neptun please go to Administration/Enrolment/Registration. You will see the terms in the system, click on the + next to the term you want to register for, then click on Register. Please choose the status which is mentioned as your option in your information letter (ACTIVE or PASSIVE or ACTIVE (International program) or ACTIVE (Guest student)), then click on Save. (You will receive a warning message about the subject registration, please click „YES”
IMPORTANT: The term registration for the fall term of the academic year 2023/24 is not valid until the enrolment authentication. Please don’t forget to make the enrolment process until 31st of August 2023.
For students of Faculty of Economic and Social Sciences: Registering for an active term in Neptun is only possible following successful completion of „700_BME GTK Work and Fire Safety Training” Neptun request under Administration/Requests/Available request forms.
You can authenticate your registration form with AVDH (Identification Based Document Authentication) service. This makes the process easy because you can manage your enrolment without printed forms.
The service can be used with „ÜGYFÉLKAPU/Client Gate” registration. According to Section 325 of Act CXXX of 2016 on the Code of Civil Procedure, with the AVDH service, a private deed of full probative value can be created. Witnesses’ signature is not required for the full probative value of the identified person’s AVDH certified statement.
Any natural person can register, regardless of nationality. If the Client Gate registration is not initiated electronically, it can be done in person at any document office, government window, the tax authority’s priority customer services, or Hungarian embassies (registration bodies).
More information about the registration for the Client Gate: >>here<<
- Check your personal data.
- If you haven’t done, please do the term registration for the current term.
- Download the enrolment form from Neptun Information/General forms and
- if you are a tuition fee paying student the Study Contract for Students from Neptun Information/General forms
- if you are a scholarship holder students, the Scholarship Agreement from Official notes in the Neptun.
- Authenticate your enrolment form (and your Study Contract for Students if you have it) print it out in two copies and sign it with your own signature.
Regardless of the method of enrolment (online or by personal attendance), the Scholarship Agreement has to be printed in two copies, sign both of them with a blue pen and bring them to the Central Academic Office during opening hours because the Tempus Public Foundation needs it with original signatures.
- Open the „100 Online enrolment” Neptun request, chose by personal attendance. Mandatory documents to be attached:
- authenticated enrolment form
- for tuition fee paying student: authenticated Study Contract for Students
- scanned passport or identity card
- After submitting the „100 Online enrolment” request please come in the CAO for the in-person enrolment with your original documents and their photocopies:
- your valid passport and its photocopy
- your school credential (secondary school diploma, BSc degree, etc.) all in original or notarized (and official English translation if the original document is NOT in English)
- your English language certificate (and official English translation if the original document is NOT in English)
- printed and authenticated enrolment form (and Study Contract for Students) in two copies
- if you are a scholarship holder student, the Scholarship Agreement in two copies.
- If you cannot arrive until 31st August, submit the E022 request for permission for late arrival and join the in person instruction as soon as you come in. The permission can be used to justify the missed classes.
Only if you have a Client Gateway registration select the Online (by a document certified by AVDH) option in the 100 request.
In this case please certify the pdf documents using the AVDH service at https://magyarorszag.hu/szuf_avdh_feltoltes and save them on your own computer. The form can only be certified by the student and not even by an authorised person! Detailed AVDH user guide: >>Guide to the Identification Based Document Authentication (AVDH) service<<<
Please submit your „100 Online registration” request as soon as possible but not later than on 31st of August, 2023.
If you didn’t submit your „100 Online enrolment” request before 23:59 CET 31st of August 2023, you can make the enrolment process for a late fee (5500 HUF). In this case please follow the description of „Enrolment step by step” and your administrator will inflict the fee in the Neptun system at the decision of the request.
If you are not able to start your studies from the fall term of the academic year 2023/24, your student status may be established on the basis of the admission decision without a new admission procedure in the next admission period (deferment of enrolment). Based on the Code of Studies and Exams of BME this possibility is only available for foreign students.
Please submit the 004 Request for deferment for new students Neptun request for the deferment of enrolment between 06.07.2023 and 31.10.2023.
For Scholarship holder students the 004 request is available until 17 September, 2023.
IMPORTANT: some programmes are available starting from the spring term also. In this case you can only defer your enrolment for the next term, not the next academic year. Here you can find the list of the available programmes: https://www.bme.hu/available-programmes?language=en
If you wish to resign from your enrolment opportunity after having been admitted to a training program at BME at all then please submit the Neptun request for resignation from enrolment before 23:59 CEST, 31.08.2023: 034 Resignation from enrolment opportunity.
Subjects can be registered in Neptun at Subjects/Register for subjects, after you registered for the term as an active student. The period of pre-registration term will be open between 18:00 CEST, 22.08.2023 and 23:59 CEST, 31.08.2023.
Please find the „Guide to registering for subjects”: >>here<<
The Faculty of Chemical Engineering and Bioengineering offers the first-year BSc students studying in English a centralised subject registration but it can only be carried out if the student has previously registered with active status for the autumn term of the 2023/24 academic year.
If you were a student with special educational needs in secondary school, you can also benefit from study discounts in higher education and certain free services. However, this is not automatic but subject to registration.
You can find out how to register here: https://hszi.bme.hu/en/Counseling/equal-opportunities/
As a student with special educational needs, you can also apply for a place in a hall of residence. If you have any questions, please contact the Equal Opportunities Coordinator: email@example.com
Student status certificates can be requested through the E027 Request for a certificate request, the certificate will be uploaded as an attachment to the request which the students can download.
Important: Student status certificate can be issued only after completion of registration and enrolment and from only 4th of September 2023.
Please find the information >>here<<
You have the right to accredit subjects completed at another university or other training program at BME. Please follow the description of the guide about the E024 Request for subject accreditation request: >>here<<
We wish you success in your university studies at BME!
BME Central Academic Office