Enrolment information to FALL TERM of 2022/2023
Friday, 22 July 2022
We are pleased to welcome you to Budapest University of Technology and Economics (BME) for the fall term of the 2022/2023 academic year.
Our detailed information letter contains the most important issues related to the registration and enrolment process at BME. If you have any questions about the content of the information letter, please contact us at the firstname.lastname@example.org address.
Login in to Neptun
Neptun is the system in which all the information concerning your studies and matters related are administrated. The following link (after clicking the English flag) will take you to the (English version of) Neptun login site.
First entry: (if you are a new student of BME):
- „Login name”: Neptun code which you received in the email „Letter of acceptance and information letter”
- „Password”: your initial password at first entry is NeYYYYMMDD of your birth date
- Important: After first entering the system, you will have to change it. Please remember your new password!
- First entry: (if you have been a student of BME before):
- The login name and the password aren’t changed, they are the same as before. (After entering Neptun, you can switch the training at the upper left corner with the „Training” button.)
- If you received in the email „Letter of acceptance and information letter” a new Neptun code, please inform us through the E999 request.
Changing personal data
Before you make the enrolment of the training program, please check your personal data in the Neptun My data/Personal information and if necessary change it.
Important: Some of the personal data cannot be changed by the students. You can download and print the registration form with the current personal data in Neptun and your program coordinator will change it after the registration.
Entering in Neptun go to Administration/Enrolment/Registration. You will see the terms in the system, click on the + next to the term you want to register for, then click on Register. Please choose the status which is mentioned as your option in your information letter (ACTIVE or PASSIVE or ACTIVE (International program) or ACTIVE (Guest student)), then click on Save. (You will receive a warning message about the subject registration, please click „YES”
IMPORTANT: The term registration for the fall term of the academic year 2022/23 is not valid until the enrolment authentication. Please don’t forget to make the enrolment process until 1st of September 2022.
For students of Faculty of Economic and Social Sciences: Registering for an active term in Neptun is only possible following successful completion of „700_BME GTK Work and Fire Safety Training” Neptun request under Administration/Requests/Available request forms.
From the fall term of 2022/2023 you can authenticate your registration form with AVDH (Identification Based Document Authentication) service. This makes the process easy because you can manage your enrolment without printed forms.
The service can be used with „ÜGYFÉLKAPU/Client Gate” registration. According to Section 325 of Act CXXX of 2016 on the Code of Civil Procedure, with the AVDH service, a private deed of full probative value can be created. Witnesses’ signature is not required for the full probative value of the identified person’s AVDHcertified statement.
Any natural person can register, regardless of nationality. If the Client Gate registration is not initiated electronically, it can be done in person at any document office, government window, the tax authority’s priority customer services, or Hungarian embassies (registration bodies).
More information about the registration for the Client Gate: >>here<<
Enrolment step by step
- Check your personal data.
- If you haven’t done, please do the term registration for the current term.
- Download the registration form from Neptun Information/General forms (and if you are a tuition fee paying student the Study Contract for Students).
The scholarship holder students will receive separeted information letter about the scholarship contract.
- Authenticate your registration form (and your Study Contract for Students if you have it) with AVDH service OR print it out and sign it with your own signature.
>>Guide to the Identification Based Document Authentication (AVDH) service<<
- Open the „100 Online registration” Neptun request. Mandatory documents to be attached:
- autheticated registration form
- for tuition fee paying student: autheticated Study Contract for Students
- scanned passport or identity card
- your school credential (secondary school diploma, BSc degree, etc.) all in original or notarized (and official English translation if the original document is NOT in English) - except for part-time students, who do not need to present the documents in person!
- your language certificate (and official English translation if the original document is NOT in English) - except for part-time students, who do not need to present the documents in person!
- ONLY IF YOU DIDN’T AUTHENTICATE WITH AVDH: printed and authenticated registration form (and Study Contract for Students) in two copies
Submitting your „100 Online registration” request as soon as possible but not later than on 1st of September, 2022.
In-person registration in the CAO
If you are unable to arrive by 1st of September please submit an E022 Request for Late Arrival / Preferential Course Schedule request in Neptun giving the reason why you will be late. Decision to your request will be made by your faculty.
If you didn’t submit your „100 Online registration” request before 23:59 CEST 1st of September 2022, you can make the enrolment process for a late fee (5500 HUF). In this case please follow the description of „Enrolment step by step” and your administrator will inflict the fee in the Neptun system at the decision of the request.
Deferment of enrolment
If you are not able to start your studies from the fall term of the academic year 2022/23, your student status may be established on the basis of the admission decision without a new admission procedure in the next admission period (deferment of enrolment). Based on the Code of Studies and Exams of BME this possibility is only available to foreign students.
Please submit the Neptun request for the deferment of enrolment before 23:59 CEST 1st of September 2022:
- tuition fee paying students: E999 Request for a purpose not specified in any other requests
- scholarship holder students: E004 Request for postponement for new SH/SCYP scholarship holder students
IMPORTANT: some programmes are available starting from the spring term also. In this case you can only defer your enrolment for the next term, not the next academic year. Here can find the list of the available programmes: https://www.bme.hu/available-programmes?language=en
Resignation from enrolment
If you wish to resign from your enrolment opportunity after having been admitted to a training program at BME at all then please submit the Neptun request for resignation from enrolment before 23:59 CEST 1st of September 2022:
033 Resignation from enrolment opportunity
Registering for subjects
Subjects can be registered in Neptun at Subjects/Register for subjects, after you registered for the term as an active student. The period of pre-registration term will be open between 18:00 CEST 23rd of August and 23:59 CEST 1st of September 2022
Please find the „Guide for REGISTERING FOR SUBJECTS in the NEPTUN”: >>here<<
Student status certificate
Student status certificates can be requested through the E027 Request for a certificate request, the certificate will be uploaded as an attachment to the request which the students can download.
Important: Student status certificate can be issued only after completion of registration and enrolment and from only 5 of September 2022.
Student ID card
Please find the information >>here<<
You have the right to accredit subjects completed at another university or other training program at BME. Please follow the description of the guide about the E024 Request for subject accreditation request: >>here<<
We wish you success in your university studies at BME!