BME CAO Newsletter for NEW STUDENTS on the Opening the 2021_22_1 Term in Neptun - Registration and Enrolment for Subjects
Thursday, 19 August 2021
Greetings from BME, Budapest, Hungary! We are pleased to welcome you at the Budapest University of Technology and Economics (BME) for the fall term of 2021/2022 academic year.
Please carefully read our detailed information letter about the most important issues related to your studies at BME. This is a first Newsletter about the information we know as of today (due to the COVID-19 pandemic, things are constantly changing). As soon as we know anything further, we will inform you by updating this newsletter! There is a checklist of duties at the end of this Newsletter. Also please inform yourself about university life, rules and regulations etc. through the University websites: https://www.kth.bme.hu/en/, https://www.kth.bme.hu/en/general-information/useful-links/
Instruction, classes will start 6th September 2021 in all forms!
Since BME will start the 2021/2022/1 term in asynchronous mode, you may start your studies this way, from home if you can not arrive to BME until the 3rd September and fluidly continue your studies in person once you arrive if you submit an E022 Request for Asynchronous mode of studying / Preferential Course Schedule in Neptun until 17th September and it is accepted. Please note that even if it is accepted the final deadline when you are expected to start your studies in person at BME is 14th October.
If you wish to participate in asynchronous mode of studying after the acceptance of the above request, please contact your faculty about the particulars! You can find the website of the BME faculties here: https://www.kth.bme.hu/en/general-information/useful-links/
Scholarship holders please note, that you will not receive the living and accommodation payments until you actually arrive to Hungary and continue your studies in-person.
Please also know, that you may also postpone your studies through the E004/E004B requests depending on whether or not you are a scholarship holder or a tuition fee paying student. You may also ask for a passive term through the E031 Request for passive term. These requests open and close at different times, please check in the Neptun under Administration/Requests/Available request forms. These requests will only be accepted, if you have any vis major circumstance.
Visa, residence permit, arrival information, accomodation, scholarship payment
Please read for detailed information on the website of the International Mentor Team: (https://www.imt.bme.hu/)
If you need for any part of the procedure, a Student Status certificate from BME, you will have to activate your term (read about it below), and send in the E027 Request. Please inform yourself about the Government’s COVID-19 measures concerning your countries, and entering Hungary and contact the Consulate/Embassy of your country.
In case of PhD students please consult with your faculty coordinator. (You can find her/his name in Neptun: Studies/Training data/Administrator)
For health Insurance information for Tuition fee paying students please read:
Registration at BME
In case of PhD students please consult with your faculty coordinator. (You can find her/his name in Neptun: Studies/Training data/Administrator)
Registration to BME is a pre-requisite to start your studies and immigration procedure.
At BME it is done in two steps: online and in person.
Online registration has several steps you have to make in the Neptun system, and are crucial for finalizing your registration, no matter which form of instruction you will take part in (read more about how to do these below):
1. Please register for the 2021/2022/1 term. Online term registration is in Neptun from 06:00:00 (Central European Time [CET]) on 20th July until 23:59:59 (CET) on 3rd September even from home.
2. Please submit the Registration requests (E200 for Scholarship holders, and E100 for tuition fee paying students):
please print it, sign it, make a digital copy and attach it to the request (update)!
3. Please register for your subjects (except for students on the PRE engineering course, and for those studying at the Faculty of Chemical Engineering or Faculty of Civil Engineering, because the faculty will register your 1st term subjects for you).
Online subject and course registration is in Neptun from 19:00:00 (CET) on 25th until noon on 27th August and from 18:00:00 on 30th August until 23:59:59 (CET) on 3rd September even from home.
For the registration in person you will need the following
- Valid passport and its photocopy
- Registration form printed and signed in 2 double sided copies
- Letter of Acceptance (please print out the one sent by BME)
- Letter of Award for scholarship holder students (please print out the one sent by Tempus/Hungary Helps Agency for scholarship holders)
- Diplomas of your previous studies and their photocopies all in original and notarized and their ENGLISH translations
- In case you study at MSc or PhD level the proof of your knowledge of the English language and their photocopies
- 1 piece of your passport size photo
Each document will be carefully checked at registration. In case of falsified/fake documents or documents of questionable origin, registration will be refused from the applicant.
It is BME’s database managing students’ personal, academic and financial data and the subjects and courses which they can study at BME.
Your initial login name in Neptun is the Student ID code sent in your letter of acceptance or in a separate e-mail, and your initial password includes your birthdate of the following format: NeYYYYMMDD. It is recommended to change your initial password.
Subjects also have codes in Neptun like BMEVITMAK47, BMEGEENMWCT or BMEGT658151, where the fourth and fifth characters (EO, GE, EP, VE, VI, KO, TE or GT) are specific to the faculties and the eighth for the level of the course (A for BSc level, M for MSc level and neither A nor M for general purpose courses).
Short description about how to register for the term and your subjects and courses
1. Login Neptun on its website (please save this page for future works in Neptun) after clicking the English flag to switch the language from Hungarian to English. Your Neptun login name is in your Letter of Acceptance on the right hand side of the top of the sheet (Neptun code), or you received a separate e-mail with your Neptun Code in it, your initial password includes your birthdate of the following format: NeYYYYMMDD
If you have had a previous BME training program, please make sure, that on the upper left corner you have the right training program set.
2. At first please change your initial password and check your registered email address in Neptun as we use that registered email address for all communication.
3. To do your term registration, please choose Administration and Enrollment/Registration under it, then the grey + sign at the end of the line of your training and click Register. In the opening window select Active (in case of part-time students Active (International program)) accordingly. Neptun will send you a message about the successful registration for the term.
4. To print out your „Registration form” from NEPTUN under „Information/General forms” in 2 double sided copies signed by you (we will certify them and keep one),
5. To submit your registration form (E100/E200 request) in Neptun, please look for the” E100 Registration Form” or „E200 Registration Form for Scholarship Holders” request at Administration/Requests/Available request forms, read it carefully, modify your data in Neptun if it is necessary and click Submit request at the bottom.
6. To do your course registration please choose Register for subject option under Subjects menu and do the settings in the following way:
Subject type: Subjects from curriculum
Subject group: All
Period start: blank
Period end: blank
Click on List subjects
Click on Recommended term (to set the order of the subjects according to the recommended terms).
Please note, that for the following programs, your subjects will be registered centrally by the faculty: PRE engineering course, for those studying on the Faculty of Chemical Engineering, and the Faculty of Civil Engineering!
Hungarian as a Foreign Language and Culture for scholarship holders are mandatory! Please keep in mind, that according to the Operational regulations “A scholarship holder in full-time foreign language bachelor’s and master’s courses (including also one-tier master’s degree) is required to attend the Hungarian as a foreign language and culture course”. - Check Tempus Public Foundation’s website for more details Stipendium Hungaricum Programme – Operational Regulations, 30 July 2021 (provisional translation) III.2. Obligations Related to Learning Hungarian as a Foreign Language and Culture. These subjects will be registered for you by the university (update)!
Always check the language of the course (click Language to set the order of the courses according to their languages). It should be English (except for Hungarian language courses).
If you wish to search for the name or code of a certain subject then please click on the magnifier (search icon) on the right top, choose Subject name or Subject code and type or copy the name or code of the course and click on Search.
After choosing all your subjects and courses please check your schedule. Under Studies menu choose Class schedule option and do the necessary settings (Classes, Normal, Weekly view, proper time interval) to see your schedule.
You can check the chosen course's schedule info before registering it if you click on the course's line on the gray square with + in it and choose Subject details.
It is very important to do your term and course registration as soon as possible not to run into full courses. Please do not leave your course registration for the time when you are at BME to do it with us since the capacity of our staff and our office hours in the Central Academic Office (CAO) are limited to do it instead of or with you. We can only assist you in solving technical problems.
If you wish to deregister from a subject:
Choose Subjects menu and click Registered subjects option under it.
Choose the proper term (2021/22/1), click on List button then on the gray square with + in it at the course you want to cancel, choose Deregister subject option and confirm your decision.
Problems you may be face with:
1. The subject has been registered but doesn't appear in the timetable >> this means that the department has not uploaded the timetable in Neptun yet so please check it later again.
2. The course is full >> please submit an „E018 Request to register for subjects and/or to drop subjects” at Administration/Requests/Available request forms/E018 Request to register for subjects and/or to drop subjects to ask the department if it is possible to increase the limit (though there is very little chance so it is better to do the subject registration as soon as possible!).
3. You run into prerequisite problems >> please submit the E018 Request to register for subjects and/or to drop subjects
The E018 request is open between 26.08.2021 – 12.09.2021. 23:59 CET, and 13.09.2021. - 19.09.2021. 23:25 CET for a fee: 5.500HUF/subject
Student ID, public transportation in Budapest
You can receive your temporary student ID certificate as soon as you have permanent accommodation of Hungarian address in Neptun to buy student monthly pass for Budapest public transportation and enjoy other student discounts, too (please read the details below about the E066 request in Neptun).
Please read the details of the public transportation in Budapest on the website of the Budapest Transportation Co. (BKK)
Please read “Application procedure for permanent student card” on our website to see the details of application for permanent student ID card.
Extra fees for special instances
Based on the „Regulations on student fees and benefits”, you might have to pay certain fines inflicted in Neptun. For detailed information please check the website: https://kth.bme.hu/en/general-information/finances/
Loosing the scholarship
Please read carefully the Operational regulations at Tempus Public Foundation’s website: Stipendium Hungaricum Programme – Operational Regulations, 30 July 2021 (provisional translation) and be aware of the rules regarding the loss of the scholarship especially (but not exclusively) the following:
- Minimum credit requirement: The scholarship holder is required to fulfil the study, examination obligation and curriculum development by earning at least eighteen credits (i.e., earns a total of 36 credits) on the average of the last two semesters in which the student is not suspended (minimum credit requirement).
- Hungarian as a foreign language and culture course: A scholarship holder in full-time foreign language bachelor’s and master’s courses (including also one-tier master’s degree) is required to attend the Hungarian as a foreign language and culture course provided by the host institution in the first year of their studies in the SH Programme. Should the scholarship holder fail to fulfil its obligation, the amount of the scholarship shall be reduced. These subjects will be registered for you by the university (update)!
Extension of the scholarship status
- During the term of scholarship, the scholarship holder may apply for an extension of their scholarship status, but keep in mind, that during the extension, scholarship holders may not receive a scholarship or housing allowance.
A student can be dismissed for the following academic reasons:
- if he/she is not able to collect all the credits necessary for graduation in his/her training program during twice as much time as the nominal duration of the program or in case of transfer students until the deadline given by the Faculty Study Committee (FSC) or
- if in the same program in case of the same subject after 1st of September, 2012 he/she has at least six unsuccessful exams or
- if in the same program in case of the same subject after 1st of September, 2015 he/she is unable to collect the credits of the subject after six subject registration or
- if in a BSc or MSc in Architecture training program started later than 1st October, 2015 after the fourth active term the cumulative credit index (CCI) is below 2.25, or
- if in an MSc training program started later than 1st October, 2015 after the second active term the cumulative credit index (CCI) is below 2.5, or
- if in a training program started later than 1st October, 2015 he/she has been unable to collect at least 20 credits during the last 3 active terms.
The student will be informed about his/her dismissal according to academic reasons in a declaration by email to his/her email address in Neptun. In case of terminating student status the liabilities should be paid and the transcript can be retained until their total payment.
Students can be dismissed according his/her own request by submitting an E032 request in Neptun. Their student status will be terminated on the day of the submission of the request. They will be informed about the termination of their student status in a declaration and attached transcript by email to their email address in Neptun. In case of terminating student status the liabilities should be paid and the transcript can be retained until their total payment.
Here is a link where you can find the campus map.
The most important things to do in chronological order (checklist):
1. Start your visa process and book a flight!
2. Do the online registration in Neptun (set your status to active, print and sign your Registration form and submit the E200 Registration Form for Scholarship Holders/E100 Registration Form request in Neptun!) Deadline: 3rd September, 2021
4. Register for your subjects in Neptun! deadline: 3th September (for the following programs, your subjects will be registered centrally by the faculty: PRE engineering course, for those studying on the Faculty of Chemical Engineering, and the Faculty of Civil Engineering) The Hungarian language and culture courses will be registered for the scholarship holders by the university!
5. If you cannot arrive until 3th September, submit the E022 request for asynchronous mode of studying and join the in person instruction as soon as you come in.
6. Start the registration processes in order to receive your residence permit, student ID card, bank account, and for scholarship holders social security number (TAJ card), tax ID card also! The International Mentor Team can help you, please contact them through: https://www.imt.bme.hu .
We are looking forward to cooperating with you during your studies at BME.
BME Central Academic Office